Registration for 2017 Summer Theater Day Camp is now underway! Youth Theater Camp pro-vides a fun, supportive, safe, disciplined environment to encourage the imagination of youth ages 8-12 and 13-18. Classes will build theatrical skills, increase attention, focus and self-confidence, develop cooperative skills, instill respect and empathy for others.
June 11 – June 15 Youth 3rd grade – 6th grade (8 – 12 year olds)
- 8:30am – 4:30pm Mon-Fri
- Showcase Improvisation (pairing each child with best exercise to encourage audience participation with prompts)
- Spotlight Monologue
- 2-3 person scenes for an hour long show.
- Equal participation showcasing each child’s talent
- Children would do both Improv and monologue and or scene
- Crafts will be targeted for signage, costume and mask making
- Friday Night FREE to the public Show 7:00-9:00pm
- Target enrollment: 20 children
- 4 teen assistants
- $225 (Early bird Special $175 if paid in full BEFORE MAY 15st. $50 off NEXT sibling discount)
June 18 – June 22 Teen 7th grade – 12th grade (13 – 18 year olds)
- 9:00am – 5:00pm Mon-Fri
- Similar curriculum with more emphasis on scene building and emotional portrayals
- No crafts, but make-up techniques (i.e. scars, old-age, character)
- Friday Night FREE to the public Show 7pm-9:00pm
- Target Enrollment 10-15 teens
- $225 (Early bird Special $175 if paid in full BEFORE May 1st. $50 off NEXT sibling discount)
Head Instructor for the camp, Tammy Francis, is a Lockhart resident who has been part of the Gaslight Baker Theatre for six years. She studied acting and radio television in college and has extensive theatre experience. She recently received a Best Actress award for her roll in Our Town from the GBT community. She is also a teacher for the Lockhart Independent School District and has been a Girl Scout Leader. This is her fifth year with the Youth Program.
Co-Instructor Liza McCarthy has a Master’s in Fine Arts and has been involved with the theatre for the past four years. This is her third year as co-instructor. She is also a teacher with the Lockhart Independent School District.
There will be five teen mentors returning this year to assist with the youth and help lead improvisation games and facilitate one-on-one review and assistance.
What Students Need
- a sack lunch and drink and two snacks each day
- closed toed shoes (no flip-flops or sandals)
- dress comfortably, shorts under skirts
- Special fun Dress up Days: Nerd Day, Pajama Day, Crazy Hair /Hat Day, etc
Class size is limited to 24 for youth (this fills up fast) and 15 for teens. You may preregister your child/teen by filling out the registration form and sending $50 to 401 S. Guadalupe attn Summer Camp. Balance must be paid BEFORE classes begin (family discount available). The student showcase performances will be held:
June 16th 7:00 Youth
June 23rd 7:00 Teens
Please complete the registration form and mail a check to the address below. Be sure to include a note with the check to identify who the check is for. Alternately, you can download the registration form and mail it with the check to the address below:
c/o GBT Summer Camp
401 S. Guadalupe
Lockhart, TX 78644
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org